TeamSHATTER (Security Heuristics of Application Testing Technology for Enterprise Research) has researched the Top 10 Database Vulnerabilities in order to provide you with the most up-to-date vulnerabilities, risk and remediation information.
Each category has a post explaining the topic and providing you with best practices for remediating the following issues. Please leave us a comment if you have any questions about these vulnerabilities or run a search with the Threat Finder to learn more about your vulnerabilities.
- Default, Blank & Weak Username/Password
- SQL Injections in the DBMS
- Excessive User & Group Privilege
- Unnecessary Enabled Database Features
- Broken Configuration Management
- Buffer Overflows
- Privilege Escalation
- Denial of Service Attack DoS
- Unpatched Databases
- Unencrypted sensitive data – at rest and in motion